Saturday, September 24, 2011

My New Way I Get Coupons!

Several weeks ago I was taking a walk with my son.
It was a Tuesday, our trash and recycle day.

We were passing a house that had a large stack of newspapers on top of their recycle bin.  I could see a coupon insert sticking out of the papers so I quickly grabbed the entire stack to check when I got home.

After returning home and getting my son some lunch, I sifted through the stack of newspapers and discovered not 1 but 7 coupon insert inside it.

The next week I figure that if that house threw so many coupons away the week before then they may have thrown them away again.

After getting my girls off to school, I loaded my son in the van and drove to that house and found more coupons.

I then thought that if this house threw their coupon away, then others may have too.

Since that time after getting my kids off to school I drive around my neighborhood collecting the coupons that have been thrown out.

Here are the pictures of one days find:



The sticky notes show the amount of coupon inserts in each stack!

These are individual coupon sheets that weren't in inserts

Shows how thick the the stack of individual sheets was


You know what they say:
"One mans trash is another mans treasure"

And oh what a treasure it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment